2012-10-23

Fresh Soy Face Serum review / swatch

Fresh Soy Face Serum retails for $45USD for 1 oz (30ml). Which is actually a surprising ok price given most Fresh products are rather overpriced..., and most Asian brand serums from department stores easily exceed 60-80USD now anyway.



The serum is meant to be hydrating and also age-defying.

Ingredient list:

-Amino Acid-rich Soy proteins: retain moisture, stimulate collagen synthesis, and encourage cell turnover.
-Hibiscus Peptides: Soften expression lines.
-Anise Fruit Extract: smooths the skin.
-Cucumber Extract: Calms and soothes. 

Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric/Succinic Triglyceride, Sodium Polyacrylate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Pimpinella Anisum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cyathea Medullaris Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil,Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum (Ceratonia Siliqua), Silica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dextrin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Polyacrylamide, Tetrasodium Edta, Citric Acid, Laureth-7, Citronellol, Geraniol, Carbomer, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, BHT. 


 Comes in a pump bottle dispenser:



The product is a light gel creme consistency- not runny serum, but liquefies a bit once I spread it on my face. The instructions say after cleansing and toning, apply serum, then also the soy face cream.  I typically do not use a face cream on a regular basis (only when my face is extra dry, since I have combo-sensitive skin at the moment).

It smells like the rest of the Fresh soy line products- I cant quite pinpoint what it is, it just had that 'organic' smell, a bit like raw wheat or soy bean I guess. I don't find it bad or good, the scent disappears quickly anyway. 

The serum absorbs easily and quickly into the skin and seems to sit well under my sunscreen during day time as well (which is Sofina Beaute day protector SPF50, sometimes I use the Jenne SPF50 or the Beaute day protector SPF24 versions). Doesn't interfere with my makeup application either.

The skin feels a touch smoother after application. One pump is all I need for the full face.


Overall I found it to be a nice serum, can't really tell on the anti-aging or youthfulness front since I'm not in dire need of either yet, but in terms of hydration and keeping the skin supple, it does a good job.

I tend to alternative a hydrating serum with a whitening serum so will gladly finish this one up.

p.s. this serum comes in a pump bottle for a reason, I do find that if I didn't use it for a week or something, on the next pump it clearly oxidises a bit and shows a darker yellow on first pump.

Rating of 4/5, it does feel rather nice on the face and compared to other Fresh products the price tag is quite ok.

No comments: