2012-08-12

Kerastase Nutritive Bain Nutri-Thermique thermo-reactive intensive nutrition shampoo/ conditioner review

These are probably my second bottle of the Kerastase Nutritive Bain Nutri-Thermique shampoo used, and this time I also tried the conditioner.

They come tin 250ml size for shampoo and 200ml for conditioner. Shampoo comes with screw top and conditioner is a flip-top.

Ingredient list etc:


The Nutri-thermique line is meant to be for hairs that undergo regular heat treatment. I wash my hair daily and blast it with hairdryer plus I use a curling iron every now and then, so I thought this would work for me.

Shampoo on the left and conditioner on the right. The shampoo is a very light colored clear yellow.


BEFORE shampoo:



After shampoo and just random blowdry without hair brush. Hair feels "lighter" in general, but it doesn't really feel ultra smoothed down like what I'd expect from Kerastase shampoos. It's still a bit frizzy at times and look a bit 'ungroomed' while usually with Kerastase oleo relax shampoos my hair looks like it's styled and bouncy even when I didn't use any extra treatment products or had to brush blow-dry.


I went through the first bottle of shampoo before I started dying my hair every 6-8 weeks, and I was generally happy about it since my hair felt clean and it lathers easily and has a nice floral scent. Then once my hair was a bit more damaged, the shampoo felt really ordinary on my hair and even with the conditioner it felt like it did nothing.

Eventually it was a bit painful to use up the second bottle (and I consider the conditioner really useless and weak, compared to the Nutri-thermique masque which is much more nourishing).  The conditioner is definitely not going to be a repurchase for me because for a few more dollars, get the Masque and use it as a conditioner sparingly it'd still yield far better results.

Overall 3/5. Not really great for damaged hair, even though I consider my hair damage to be rather mild...

No comments: