2012-05-25

OPI Pedal Faster Suzi (Holland collection) NL H60 nail lacquer polish review/ swatch

Here's a review of a more recent OPI polish- from the Holland Collection called "Pedal Faster Suzi". OPI website describes it as a shimmery pink lavender- which is exactly what it looked in the bottle, mostly pink with a touch of lilac.



I actually purchased two bottles from the Holland collection, the other bottle shattered during transit and went all over this bottle so it took me ages to clean this bottle up =(


In the bottle it does look like a shimmery pink, like a candy pink but without the neon factor, it's still rather soft but not too pale to be totally pastel.



On my nails it's a light to medium candy pink with lilac undertone and dense but very fine silvery shimmers (but not dense enough to be a foiled finish in my books), which makes the color rather neutral or cool toned. The underlying color base is a creme finish so it applies quite opaque in 2 coats.

Generally mauve/ purple shades do not necessarily look good on me since I think on Asian skin it brings out a lot of the sallow yellow undertone and it can look a bit dirty/ tacky on the finger tips.


Swatches below all with 2 coats (no top coat applied yet).





OPI Cherry blossom is in picture below which I think is more flattering at least on me. It's still a neutral pink but without the lilac base in OPI Pedal Faster Suzi. However that being said, Pedal Faster Suzi is quite a unique shade- I do not have anything similar in my collection of OPI, Essie, Chanel or most Japanese brand polishes I have.

OPI Cherry Blossom has less of a 'creme' base color and a tinge deeper pink and no lilac or lavender base at all. I do not consider them to be that similar but this is about as close a shade as I can think of. And you can see by contrast my skintone looks a lot more fairer with Cherry Blossom, as opposed to Pedal Faster Suzi.



Overall 3/5 for Pedal Faster Suzi. It's just a touch too candy pink to be an office friendly color for me (especially when I'm in suits and formal shirts).


No comments: