2012-03-19

Bluspa Grapefruit Moisturizing Lip Balm review / swatch

Here's a really random online purchase I made- "BluSpa Grapefruit Moisturizing Lip Balm". Originally I thought the brand was affiliated with some Canadian brand etc (the back says product of Canada) or is some US brand similar to the Blue Spa etc. However on googling the websites listed it appears to be some Hk or Chinese company (the website www.bluspa.com is not even really set up just yet).

I purchased it as my regular seller just happened to list one and it was rather cheap (like $6USD or so) , so I just included it in my order since I'm always on the look out for new lipbalms.


It comes in a plastic screw-top container. It contains 15ml. While I'm generally not a fan of pots since constantly dipping your fingers inside is rather gross, I don't mind using pot lipbalms in the mornings (after I wash my face I tend to reach for the lipbalm specifically left in the bathroom, so my fingers are always as clean as it can be at this time anyway).

There's a clean plastic film on it that you can keep inside the pot.



Expiry printed on the back. You can see it's in fact a dome shaped inner design.

Ingredients: castor oil, coconut oil, beeswax and vitamin E.


It looks like a pinky-peach balm with medium hard consistency. It's not as hard as Carmex lipbalm, but definitely not as soft of kiehls lipbalm in a pot either. It does melt very easily with a bit of heat so once I apply it with my fingers it readily melts away into a soft balm.


Here's the swatch. It has an average, slightly tacky consistency, not too thin but not goopy thick either. The scent is a light pleasant grapefruit scent that is not too artificial. There's no particular taste to it either.


In terms of moisturising properties, it performs really average, it's more like a 'barrier" balm- i.e. prevents your lips from the wind etc and seal in any moisture, rather than adding moisture to the lips.

Which means this is really only best used when you just finished drinking or washing your face etc when your lips already have some moisture on it.

Other than that, a very average lipbalm, probably mostly sold in HK right now (sorry not too sure where to purchase it from). I'd give it a rating of 3/5. It's not bad, but the pot design and lack of moisturising property really means there are cheaper and better alternatives out there.

No comments: