2012-01-11

Malin + Goez Gentle Neroli Shampoo review (with Aveda Damage remedy)

I've always been a fan of the Malin & Goetz line- they feature really simplistic packaging but not too cheap looking. They always come with wonderful sounding scents that is quite unique to the line.

Here's a review of the Gentle Neroli Shampoo - it contains 0.3% neroli extract (which gives a very nice, light neroli scent that is not cloying or too sweet, it's almost like a neroli with honey scent, it leaves such a nice pleasant, slightly sweet scent on my hair after use (and I always feel extra happy when I shampoo with this as it smells delicious).  The other featured ingredient is amino acid- generally my hair loves any amino acid shampoos (e.g. Kiehls amino acid shampoo).

(Click to enlarge the pictures to read full ingredient list). The bottle comes in a good sized 236ml which lasted me months (however I do rotate between shampoos).


The shampoo looks like a light honey color, it foams easily and rinses off easily. It leaves my scalp feeling refreshed and gently cleansed. I would say this suits those with dry or normal hair (but if you extremely oily hair might need to double shampoo with this).


It's one of those click top , you press and the dispenser hole shows. I've never had issues with dispensing with this design, it doesn't get clogged or anything.

Here's my hair after washing (sorry the pic is taken a while ago so I forgot which bubble dye hair color this was). I did follow with Aveda Damage Remedy (reviewed previously) which is a good treatment conditioner. However I've used the Malin + Goetz shampoo with other conditioners and clearly this shampoo supplements any half decent conditioner. 

My hair feels bouncy and refreshed, clean after this. There is a very slight "frizz" ( but usually I wash my hair at night and by the next morning, my hair is smooth and straight.




The only thing I can fault is immediately after the wash, end of my hair still looks rather frizzy and dry (though ever since I started dying my hair it's been an issue, I usually smooth it down with hair products before I go out in the mornings). The hair looks fine from a distance (see pic above), and it feels fine when touched, just looks a bit frizzy/drier up close, like the pic below. It looks worse with some other shampoos though!

Overall I give the shampoo 5/5 , I quite like the finish and scent and the texture. It's easy to foam and easy to rinse off and leaves my hair quite smooth with bounce without being too flat or too frizzy.  I'd repurchase any day if it was more accessible in Australia (without paying like an astronomical amount a bottle for shipping......).

2 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I do love Aveda products, but I use Kerastase Elixir Ultime on the ends of my hair - does the trick! You have Gorgeous hair!

Wombat said...

Hi Jamilla, thank you- lol actually I recently bought Kerastase elixir ultime too! I'm still trying to figure out what's the best way to use it (been using it on damp hair before blowdrying my hair and that seems to work). When I use it on dry hair at the ends in the morning, it doesn't seem to absorb much and it still looks a bit strawy. lol I'll be playing around with kerastase.