2011-09-01

Sofina Beaute Day Protector II SPF24 PA+++ moisturising sunscreen review/ swatch

Carrying on from my last post, here's the Sofina Beaute Day Protector II (again, Sofina moisturisers go by codes, I for oily skin, II for combo/normal, III for dry skin, sometimes some lines has IV for very dry skin).

This is the SPF24 PA +++ version (the earlier one I reviewed was SPF50). The product is marketed as a moisturiser/ sunscreen in one.

Unlike the SPF50 version which comes in a hard plastic bottle, this one comes in a beautiful elongated tube, which is still very easy to use and the soft squeeze tube means quantity control is very easy.

Contains 32g of product, which would easily last for a few months when using just for the face.

The SPF24 PA+++ version is meant for winter/ spring, when the UV needs are a bit less. It is also a bit more creamy and moisturising than the SPF50 version.



The instruction says use after toners during the day. Recommended usage is about 1.5cm size for full face, and the tube should last for 2.5 months with regular use. (I would say I definitely get more than 2.5 months use out of this, which could mean I'm not using enough sunscreen).


Here's the tube nozzle, again it's a fine nozzle and very easy to control.


Here's the product, if you compare it to my previous post to the SPF50 version, this one is slightly creamier and not as runny. I actually love the consistency of this one for winter. It's not super rich or nourishing but instead it just feels so soft and mild on my skin. It also seems to moisturise more than SPF50 version (which is intended as the SPF50 is for summer and when your skin probably prefers less rich products).


The middle is product on its own, on the left is when lightly blended out, and on the right is fully blended.


You can see from the very right swatch, it spreads so easily and evenly, looks slightly dewy on my skin only because I didn't blend it completely. On the face it disappears very quickly and you will not get a noticeably shine or anything.

Under makeup this still sits very well, just because it's more nourishing than the SPF50 versoin doesn't seem to make this one slip and slide on my face like a lot of moisturisers tend to (I have issues with my moisturisers being too rich and melting my makeup or make me look oily by mid day). Not with this one.

Overall 5/5. Would gladly repurchase this. Almost wish there's a SPF50 version in this consistency even for winter use.

No comments: