2011-08-09

Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo and Conditioner review

Kiehl's Amino Acid shampoo and conditioner features protein, amino acid, coconut and jojoba oil as the key nourishing ingredients.  They are fairly light shampoos and conditioners, basically what I would call as 'daily' shampoos/conditioners for regular use.

The shampoo is a light liquid consistency that is semi-clear, the conditioner is a soft creme consistency without being thick nor runny.

They both feature a light coconut scent that I love, feels very tropical and summery, without being cloyingly sickening.

I've been using both shampoo and conditioner for a month or two and adore both of these. They would easily become my preferred daily shampoo / conditioner (while alternating with occasional moisturising shampoo or hair masques from Kerastase or other brands).




Overall they leave my hair feeling very refreshed, soft yet with the right volume and not look frizzy. They won't give me super smooth glossy hair like after a Kerastase hair masque, but it just feels so clean as a daily shampoo/conditioner and leaves my hair feeling lightweight and soft (and with a faint trace of that yummy coconut scent).

The shampoo is particularly mild and light, it foams well if your hair is not too greasy, but when you get extra oily hair on certain days, this could become a little bit more difficult to foam up.

Overall 5/5. It's probably suitable for those with normal hair without much damages, or for those with slightly greasy hair who needs a daily shampoo that doesn't strip away all the moisture. I dye my hair regularly and do not find these to be color stripping. It's just very mild.

No comments: