2011-07-12

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream Review


I haven't tried many of Bobbi Brown's skincare range- I got 3 of the Hydrating Eye Cream (mini version- 3ml) during some purchase a few months ago, I've already gone through a pot of this and onto my 2nd pot.

The full size ones are 15ml , so I figured I've used about 4-5 ml so far and can give an adequate review.



The consistency is like a whipped cream/ souffle, not all that airy but just velvety, which I love. It doesn't feel oily or greasy or heavy on the skin, instead it feels like a soffule.


On the skin:


Blended in (sorry I went a bit happy with the cropping and before I knew it I saved over the original file!)

Basically it sinks in very quickly, but you can feel your underye area is still hydrated and protected.


Overall 4/5. It's a very nice basic eyecream. Personally I don't believe in all these claims many eyecreams make about anti-aging, hydrating, anti-fatique and anti-circles etc etc. I have problems with dark circles and puffyness, and obviously this doesn't cure them. However it keeps my undereyes very nicely hydrated and goes wonderfully well under my makeup or concealer. It doesn't make my concealer turn lumpy or powdery looking.

It works on top of my eyelid too without making my eyes puffy the next morning.

ASccording to BB website, this retails for 46USD (what?!!) for 15ml.

Bobbi Brown's descriptions are:

This quick-absorbing eye cream delivers naturally-occurring humectants that melt into the skin, leaving the eye area soft, smooth and refreshed for up to 24 hours. A perfect level of emollients imparts a lightweight texture, allowing concealer to glide on evenly - Aloe Vera and Witch Hazel Extract soothe and comfort; Jojoba Seed, Avocado Oil and Squalane condition and revive continuously.


Usage: Apply with fingers, patting gently around eye area. Make sure cream is fully absorbed before applying concealer.

I suppose it does what it promises, but not sure if it's worth the $46 pricetag.

No comments: